Some of you may not know this, but one of my absolute favorite desserts/breakfast foods is banana bread!!
Not just your average banana bread though, chocolate chip banana bread! I have a family recipe that I normally use but couldn’t find it, so I scoured Pinterest and found one that looked similar and then tweaked it to fit what I’m used to!
I took a couple pictures (yesterday) with my phone of the process and then ate some last night! It was PERFECT. Eating it while it’s hot with some melted butter is the way to go. I’m practically drooling just thinking about having another piece. 😀
So this morning I ate my second piece and photographed it of course! I hope you enjoy this recipe, and make some yourself!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
(Makes 1 loaf)
Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 cup butter (equivalent to 1 stick of butter), melted
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or whatever kind you prefer)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir the melted butter and sugar together.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix well. Set the wet ingredients aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Add in the sour cream and the mashed bananas and mix until just combined.
- The best part… Stir in all the chocolate chips!!!!
- Spread evenly into a greased 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out squeaky clean!
- Let your banana bread cool for 10 minutes before cutting into it ( if you can wait that long! ;))
Adapted from: All Recipes
xoxo – Tiff